Digital marketing: the advantages
Is your company often in the dark about the effectiveness and profitability of marketing campaigns in physical media such as newspapers and radio? Then digital marketing could be the ideal solution to gain more insights on these and many other points. Not yet fully convinced? We have put together some reasons why you should set up a digital marketing strategy for your company!
- First of all, with digital marketing, you have countless possibilities in terms of design and personalisation. By this, we mean that you can offer the content you have created in multiple forms. This is advantageous as one person may prefer a long, informative text, while another may prefer to watch a short, concise video.
- Digital marketing also offers you many opportunities in terms of targeting a specific audience. Whereas television marketing campaigns give you an idea of target groups, social media campaigns allow you to set filters for whom you show your content, including age, education level and place of residence.
- By setting up a social media campaign, you give your company the opportunity to make direct contact with your customers. The idea here is that you can not only reach your customers, but also actively communicate with them through the interactive aspect of social media.
- Compared to advertising on traditional media such as television and radio, setting up a digital marketing campaign is often considerably less expensive.
- Last but not least: You can see the results of the set up campaign within a short period of time. By analysing the data in, for example, Google Analytics, it is easy to determine which aspects of your campaign are performing well and which points still need to be worked on.
Different types of digital marketing
Have we convinced you of the usefulness of digital marketing in your company? Then you might not be able to see the wood for the trees, because there are so many possibilities to promote your company through digital channels. Below are three of the most common forms of digital marketing, to give you some ideas.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO, or search engine optimization, is a method to improve the findability of your website. This means that the findability of your website will be improved. As the online findability improves, the number of visitors will also increase, which eventually leads to higher sales of your product or service. SEO marketing, also known as search engine optimisation, is divided into three different types.
- Firstly, on-page SEO has to do with the content of the website, in order to be more visible to Google, but also for a better user experience for the visitors of your website. This includes relevant content, the presence of the right keywords, and a good SEO title for your web pages.
- Secondly, off-page SEO is about everything that happens outside the website. Digital Newsgroup provides link building services that fall under off-page SEO. This is one of the most well-known strategies for getting your website higher up in Google. Basically, link building is "building" links (on other websites) that point to your website. Since Google sees these links as a recommendation for your website, your website will end up higher in the Google Ranking.
- Thirdly, there is technical SEO, which is all about the backend. It is useful to apply the "less is more" principle to your website design. The more plug-ins and widgets your website contains, the longer the loading time will be. Apart from that, you should also think about checking if your website is mobile-friendly. This means that the mobile version of the website can be used properly on a smartphone. Examples of points you can pay attention to are: a fast loading time, clear pages, and easy to read texts that have a different layout than the website on a desktop.
Content marketing is a very broad term with an even broader meaning. Content marketing includes everything, and I mean everything, that has to do with content. It is important that there is a good match between the content and the target group. Since there is a greater focus on, for example, inspiring or helping the target group, the campaigns with content marketing are less commercial in nature. It is more about the customer's wishes, instead of giving a sales pitch about a certain product or service.
In these times, setting up a content marketing strategy is a smart move for every company. This is due to the fact that the use of the Internet and other digital channels, including e-mail, is on the rise. In addition, these channels cleverly use the increasing number of visitors and subsequently show advertisements. With a content marketing strategy that consists of valuable and relevant content, your company can make a difference and stand out in this abundance of advertisements that characterises our daily digital life.
However, it is important to do proper research before setting up a content marketing strategy, because creating good content does not just happen. To be more specific, it is essential to have a clear picture of the target audience your company has in mind. Using market research and data on existing customers, you design a semi-fictional representation of the ideal customer, as it were. This is also called a buyer persona.
The buyer persona can help your company create content that is aimed at that specific target group. It can also be helpful in the sense that a buyer persona gives more structure to the content creation. Ultimately, this preparation will ensure that more effective campaigns are created.